Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Day 36...

Every week I am getting a little better and feeling more and more like myself. I am still eating soft foods, but slowly adding more food to my diet. I can eat rice, eggs, cheese enchiladas, and pasta. I have to cut the food in tiny pieces and takes a long time to eat. It is quite wonderful to eat some real food. However, I am mainly just eating soups and smoothies because it is easier to eat and takes less time. People keep asking when will I be able to eat "normally" again. Well the complete healing process takes about a year. Yet, next week my jaw will be about 50% healed and I will be able to start eating cut up chicken and fish. I will also be able to eat most things I can cut with a fork. It is really hard to tell when I will be able to eat more normally. 

Another question, I get asked a lot is have you noticed has the surgery helped any problems you had before the surgery. Well I feel like it is still to early to tell. I still have some numbness on my lower lip and chin. I also continue to have some jaw pain when I wake up. So It is hard to tell about the quality of my sleep. My husband says he notices that I don't really snore that much anymore which is amazing since I was the girl that friends would not want to sleep in the same room as because I snored too loud. So that is happy!  Also, It is easier to close my lips.  

I started driving about a week ago. My first trip was to the library about 25minutes away. It felt a little awkward, I noticed I was a little more cautiously. I was tired when I came home. My second trip to the library a couple of days ago was a lot better and I didn't feel too tired afterward.

All things considered, I am well on my way in my recovery! 

No comments:

Post a Comment