Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Day 2 & 3... Swelling and Pain





Well before we were discharged from the hospital we asked for more pain medicine and nausea meds. It was a rough ride home. We live over an hour from the hospital and some of the road is rough and bumpy. Even parts I didn't think was bumpy I could feel rattle and jar my face. Praise the Lord I didn't throw up or get too nauseous. They only gave me Tylenol with codeine for pain and that just didn't cut it. Also, it tasted so gross I had to put it in a glass of juice.  My nose became stuffy and would often bleed. This made it harder for me to breath. I often had to remind myself to calm down and breath slowly. Nasal spray and Vaporizer were my friends. Because I was so stuffy, I didn't want anything with milk in it such as ensure. I tried diluted soup but it was too thick. I could only get down juices because I was too swollen.   Drinking takes 40 minutes for 9 ounces. I can't feel my face so I am often drooling or having juice spill out. So needless to say getting enough calories is a challenge and I was so hungry. I tried sleeping on a wedge but this made me more stuffy. I slept about3 hours that night. My husband called in for better pain meds and once we got that I was able to sleep more and began feeling better. Nurse says the swelling will increase over the next 5 days. Really I can't see how I can get any more swollen. I am constantly icing my face and sipping out of a sippy cup. Well I am glad I have 3 days under my belt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment