Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Day Before Surgery...Enjoy the Simple Things

So tomorrow is my surgery, It is crazy how time flies sometimes.  I have been preparing for this surgery for over a year and a half. Many people ask if I am excited, No I am not excited. I know what is coming is going to be challenging and quite painful.   However, the eventual benefits out weigh the temporary pain and discomfort. I am a little nervous, but I know God is in control. God has been so faithful to me and He has a plan and purpose.

As I think about this surgery, It is hard not to reflex on my back surgery. It was a life changing surgery and the hardest time in my life. Yes, jaw surgery is suppose to be a walk in the park compared to my double back surgery, but this surgery is still going to be not fun. I know pain, the kind of pain that is all consuming and takes control of your whole body. One thing back surgery did was make me appreciate the little things in life. During my back surgery, I had to learn how to walk again,  I had to have someone help me shower, bathe, and dress myself (to name just a few). I realized these things come so easy to many of  us and we don't appreciate it. I think this surgery will make me appreciate eating solid food, sleeping on my side, drink from a "normal" cup, kissing my husband, and talking effortlessly. There are many things in life we take for granted,  so here's to enjoying the small things in life. And so my jaw surgery journey begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment