Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Day after

Doctors say everything went well. I slept a good amount. When I woke up I was quite nauseous and they gave me meds to help. I have not thrown up yet. I am in a lot of pain , but they give me pain meds pretty often when I ask. It is a crazy feeling.  I have remind myself to keep calm and not panic because having your jaw wired shut makes you feel claustrophobic. Also I have been a mouth breather for as long as I can remember and now I have to breath through my nose. I feel like I don't get enough oxygen.  It is really hard and frustrating not to talk with nurses or my husband. I had trouble looking into the mirror because I was so swollen I could hardly recognize myself. I know it is strange but I don't want to leave the hospital because they can control my pain and are here if anything goes wrong. Yet it will be nice to be in my own bed and at home. I should be leaving this afternoon 6/18. Peace out friends. Thanks for praying and the support.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen!
    I am so happy to hear the surgery went well and I am praying for you and thinking about you.
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen - Thinking of you & hoping you are resting comfortably at home. I'm right over the hill if you need anything at all!
    All my best,
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete