Sunday, June 16, 2013

Supplies

Before the surgery I read countless blogs and there is a great deal of info on what supplies you will need after the jaw surgery. It is important to talk with your doctor about your specific surgery as they can be quite different. I know I bought a few things I probably won't need. I started my shopping early because I live in the "country" and my closest store is 30 minutes ( they might not even have what I need). I will update this post after I have the surgery too.

Essentials:
  • Ice packs (or even a frozen bag of peas at least 2) 
  • Sippy cups/squirt bottle (preferably ones with soft tops)
  • Blender 
  • Vaseline and/or lip balm
  • Baby toothbrushes 
  • Baby spoons 
  • Blended Soups
  • Broths
  • Puddings
  • Juices
  • Milk 
  • Frozen fruit
  • Humidifier/vaporizer (you can't blow your nose for 6 weeks)
  • Kosher Salt to make Nasal spray or buy Nasal Spray
 Extras:
  •  Other drinking cups, condiment bottles cut 
  • Wedge sleeping pillow
  • Back pillow (Bed Buddy) 
  •  Bibs/Face cloths ( Or I cut up old T-shirts)
  • Wheat Germ ( to add to smoothies)
  • Prune Juice or Smooth Move Tea
  • Wisp brushes
  • Gatorade
  • Ice Cream/Sherbert
  • Yogurt/Kefer 
  • Apple sauce
  • Aquaphor (found in baby section of pharmacy for swelling)
  • Bed Tray
  • Pureed and Strained Soups ( I put them in muffin tins and frozen them)
  • Kleenex with Aloe or Lotion

    What to Bring To Hospital:
    • Button up or zip Top ( your face will be swelled)
    • Drinking cups (sippy or squirt bottle)
    • Comfy clothes 

No comments:

Post a Comment