Sunday, June 23, 2013

Day 6 and 7... On the upside

Day 6 was pretty good. I felt a lot better and not in so much pain. It is still hard for me to eat and it takes both of us to help me eat. I read that I wouldn't want much milk because your nose will be clogged and you can't blow your nose for 6 weeks. I really didn't think it would be this bad. I love milk products and they have a lot of calories. I thought that would last a day or two and then  I would be good to go. I don't like even a little bit of milk products in any smoothies or soups right now. It makes me get all phlegmy. Most of the soups I made have lots of milk because I wanted lots of calories. I hope I will be able to have more milk products soon. I have lost 10 lbs since my surgery, the good thing is that before surgery I gained 10 lbs. So I am at my natural weight but I don't want to lose too much more. Also, It is so weird that every time I eat it feels like my stomach is at war with me. Seriously, stomach you are not helping.

 I slept pretty good last night. I woke up after 4hrs, changed my ice, drink some food and went back to sleep for another 4hrs. That was happy. You know sitting this much and only able to sleep in one position can be painful for most people, but with someone that has chronic back pain  (rods and fusion) it is horrible. It is affecting every part of my body. My legs, arms, and neck are so tight. I try and lay down flat and do some mild stretches but it is so painful and takes a lot of energy.  Derek ( my husband) has been wonderful through it all. He gives me small massages and is so patient with me. Even in the hospital a nurse commented on how I have a great husband. I am so thankful to God for my Husband. He has been such a blessing to me. I feel so bad that he has to go through this.

Day 7 has been a little easier and I feel like I am going to keep improving. I haven't felt dizzy or nauseous. It was easier to do some walking around the house. I had my first bowel movement today and I did a little dance. So glad that is out of my worries and No more prune juice! My tummy doesn't hurt anymore when I eat. Woohoo! I really can't believe it has only been a week since my surgery. It feels like months. So glad that hopefully the hardest week is  under my belt. Thanks family and friends for all your prayers and love! I will load some pics up a little later!   


2 comments:

  1. Jen - Know this must be such a difficult time for you yet sounds like you are beginning to feel a bit better. Thinking of you every day.
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsea McCaffertyJune 24, 2013 at 8:33 AM

    Love you Jen! Rejoicing with you over the improvements and praying the worst is over.

    ReplyDelete