Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 4 & 5... Roller-coaster

Sorry I haven't written in awhile. I have had a little rough patch. Let me recap for you. Well day four WAS turning out my best day, my pain was down and I began to take diluted soup with a device the nurse gave me at the class. It took two of us to feed me but it was worth it. The soup tasted so good on my throat. It also took less time to drink , about 25 mins for a cup. I still was not getting enough calories. I was doing fine, getting ready for "bed" when it hit me in a flash... nausea and then it came... It wasn't as bad as I had envisioned but really I hate throwing up. I thought I had passed that milestone , but I guess I needed  the full experience. Let's just say the rest of the night and  day 5 was a battle, throwing up several more times and struggling to get any liquid down. One cup of ensure felt like 10 cups as it took over 2 hours to go down. I struggled with nausea and my stomach feeling like it was burning. I don't understand why every time I tried to "eat" my stomach hasn't leaped for joy. We are also trying to get my bowels a moving , drinking yummy prune juice and such. I hope that happens soon because that is not a journey I would like to go on. Day 5 has been the toughest day home so far. When your feeling horrible and it is hard to communicate, frustration becomes real. Bruising is starting to show on my face and neck. It is a nice green yellow. Don't be alarmed they told us bruising will happen and gravity takes it down .Thanks for encouragements, prayer and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment