Thursday, June 27, 2013

Day 9 & 10...

I have been feeling better but, mornings and sleeping have been rough. I wake up in the middle of the night and I know I need to drink or I will get dehydrated. It sounds simple but it takes me about an hour to drink 8 ounces in my sippy cup and probably 2 ounces fall out. I thought I was doing so good that I could come of pain meds. I have never really liked to take medication since I was young. Yesterday, I went to sleep with out pain meds and I also tried to sleep in my bed. Well, I guess I got ahead of myself . I woke up at 4am coughing up mucus, a bloody nose, and in pain.  The morning was a little of a set back but then I began to feel better. Last night (day 10), I actually slept in my own bed and woke up semi rested. When I woke up in the middle of the night I didn't get a drink, I just wanted to sleep. Well I woke up feeling sick and really thirsty. Thankfully, it didn't take to long after I drink some juice that I began to feel better. Today, I got to venture beyond the redwoods for the first time since my surgery. I thought I was doing really good , but it made me realize I still have a long way to go. My next step, in my recovery is getting unwired tomorrow. I am excited. I will be able to maybe eat without Derek having to help feed me. I will be able to have thicker soups, smoothies and shakes. I might be able to have some peanut butter or cookie butter. After getting my wires off, I will have rubber bands that help hold my jaw in place. Here's to my next

No comments:

Post a Comment