Monday, July 1, 2013

2 weeks ...

Yay it has been 2 weeks! I am improving daily. I am still on soft foods that I can swallow with out having to chew such as avocado, mash potatoes, blended soups, smoothies, apple sauce, cottage cheese,ice cream, peanut butter, cookie butter, and yogurt. The magic bullet and baby spoons have been life savers.Today, I tried pancakes. I had to cut it in micro mini pieces, chew slowly and use drink to help loosen the pancake. I was able to eat a little more than a quarter of the pancake but felt exhausted after. I crave "real" food more and more. I know soon I will blend up pizza or a burrito. Sounds gross, I know but when you only have a limited diet, everything you can't have becomes this mouth watering mirage in the distance.

I was able to go to church on Sunday and it was great to see people. Everyone was surprised to see me. I was able to stay through the whole service. We even went to a friends house afterward. I was  exhausted afterward. I went home to take a nap but it was good to get out of the house.    

I am able to do more independently now, which is good because my husband goes back to work in 2 days. God bless him, he has taken good take of me. I am a little overwhelmed at the thought of doing everything by myself , but thankfully Derek works where we live so he can come home at a phone call (most of the time). Also, my church is going to  help with meals and some friends are going to come visit. I know I will be fine. I am so glad I do not have to go back to work until August! Yay for more recovery time.

1 comment:

  1. Just started reading your blog. Didnt recognize you in most pix. Glad to see you are doing much better and on great road to recovery.say hi to Derek and was good to see you both again. Rest easy and try not to get to anxious. It will all come back in time...Pizza, shakes, etc.
    Richard & Jackie

    ReplyDelete